What to do when You find Water Damage in your Bentonville home.
Water damage can cause a tremendous amount of emotional stress when it happens in your home, short term and long term. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration and we’re ready as soon as we get your call.
The following tips can help you in the event of a flood in your home.
- Turn the water off. If a pipe has busted, make sure to turn off the main water line. If you can’t determine where the water is coming from, call an expert.
- Turn off the power. In the event of mass water loss in your home, cut off the power entirely.
- Personal Safety is a priority. Avoid electrocution and don’t plug in or use any electrical appliances around standing water or wet flooring.
- Take action to remove water. Use a mop or towels to get up as much water as you can quickly, to help minimize water damage to your home and contents.
- Salvage personal contents. Remove what furniture and belongings you can move, to a dry area. SERVPRO will help with this part, but timing is everything and if you can keep things from getting wet by moving them up to a higher surface, you might save more of your belongings.
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO saves you time by mitigating the water faster so that the drying process can be started as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of Benton & Carroll Counties should be your first choice for any residential or commercial restoration needs. Our team of professionals is trained to assess the damage and potential threats, extract and contain the affected area, dry, and restore your property to preloss condition.
SERVPRO of Benton & Carroll Counties is available 24/7 by calling 479-318-6774.
For more about SERVPRO of Benton & Carroll Counties, click here.